Top 3 Memorable Maui Moments

When you think of your dream vacation, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, it’s probably warm weather, relaxing on a beach and friendly locals. It’s no wonder that Hawaii is an ideal vacation destination with all of these great attractions and much, much more! Maui in particular is a perfect spot for those of you interested in taking a trip to paradise. Let us show you the top 3 attractions and must-see sights that Maui has to offer.

Social_February_Blog1_Beach

Beaches!

Let’s start with one of the main reasons why people visit Hawaii: the pristine and beautiful beaches.  Whether you’re going to surf, snorkel or just relax and soak up the sun, you will not be disappointed by the selection of beaches on Maui. While the coastline of the entire island is enticing, the most popular places are in the Upper West: Ka’anapali Beach offers tons of tourist amenities, Honolua Bay is perfect for surfers and Kapalua Bay provides a sheltered spot that’s great for family getaways.

If you’re looking to go off the beaten path, the beaches of both the West and South shores are a good bet. Olowalu Beach, for example, is one of the best areas for snorkelling due to its shallow waters and hundreds of acres of beautiful reefs. And if you want to visit one of Maui’s best-kept secrets, follow the locals and take a trip to Oneuli Beach—you’ll be amazed at the black sand that’s formed from ground lava rock!

Social_February_Blog1_WhaleWatching

Whale-Watching

Maui is actually the largest whale-watching centre in the Hawaiian Islands and provides the migratory paths to thousands of Humpback whales. Every autumn, these majestic creatures travel 5,600 km from Alaska to mate and give birth during the winter months just off the coast of Maui. The best area to sneak a peek is at the ʻAuʻau Channel as part of a boat tour. Since Humpback whales are a protected species you’ll have to stay at least 100 metres away, but their impressive waterspouts and playful breaching can easily be seen by the naked eye at this distance.

Social_February_Blog1_Volcano

Haleakala

With its peak at 10,023 feet, the peak of Haleakala is the tallest point on Maui and means “house of the Sun” in Hawaiian. It is also referred to as the East Maui Volcano, making up 75% of the island, while the other 25% is formed from the West Maui Volcano—which makes the island a rare volcanic doublet

One of the most sought-after sights, for both locals and tourists, is the breathtaking sunrise from the top of Haleakala. Watching the sunrise over the Haleakala Crater is worth every second. You should know that even though Hawaii has a naturally warm climate, the temperature dips as low as 5 degrees Celsius when you’re this high above sea level, so it’s a good idea to bring a blanket and an extra layer. When you reach the summit, take in the spectacular view of the whole island and feel your own personal moment of Zen.

We hope you’re looking forward to visiting the magical island of Maui and seeing all of its natural beauty. Let us know your favourite spots on the island or if we’ve overlooked any hidden gems in the comments below!

Comments are closed.